Northwestern Polytechnic’s Office of Applied Research & Innovation provides a wide range of support services and guidance to faculty, researchers, students, industry and community partners. We are proud to advance research in several areas and strive to make a positive impact by:
- facilitating practical solutions to industry challenges
- identifying opportunities to enhance community through research
- creating beneficial partnerships and work-integrated learning opportunities for students
- supporting scholarly research and creative activities
- adding value and contributing to regional and provincial economic growth and competitiveness
With a leading-edge laboratory, tools and resources, we can support research and diagnostics for various industries across the agriculture and forestry sector.
Partnering with the community, policy champions and others, we are collectively unpacking complex social issues and working through responsive approaches that will truly make a difference.
Putting a spotlight on rural health, inequalities, mental health, the opioid crisis, innovative medical education opportunities and other emerging health care needs.
Working with industry and our communities, we support progress and practical solutions to optimizing the use of natural resources or enhancing efficiency and effectiveness.
Faculty and students can easily search our comprehensive list of research opportunities in several disciplines, from Agriculture and Environmental Science to Media and Culture.
The first of its kind in Canada, the National Bee Diagnostic Centre (NBDC) provides various diagnostic services for honey bee pests, pathogens, and parasites.